We Are Proud to Support Our Community
The mission of the Wright County Area United Way is to support non-profit organizations in our communities that provide services and programs that strengthen families, respect diversity, support the elderly, promote health and nurture children.
Criteria for Applying
Here is a list of criteria that are favorable, or unfavorable, to organizations that are seeking funding.
Grants are funded according to available dollars and at the discretion of the Wright County Area United Way Board.
- Benefits a group rather than an individual
- Start-up project that will become self sustaining
- One time need for a 501c3 group
- Equipment benefiting a group
- Extension of a current program
- Provides for self improvement of a group
- United Way is less than 50 percent of the funding need
- United Way is less than 50 percent of the annual budget
- Serves people in the Wright County area service area of Buffalo, Monticello, and/or St. Michael–Albertville
- Helps to meet a social need in our service area
- Benefits an individual
- Home improvements to personal property
- Salary of an individual
- Student transportation
- United Way is the sole funder
- Program would fail without United Way funding
- Serves people outside our United Way service area
What You’ll Need to Apply
To apply for a Wright County Area United Way Grant, you will need the following information. It is best to gather all information before you begin, but if you need to, you will be able to save the application and come back to it at a later date.
- Basic Organizational & Contact Information: including the agencies Federal Tax ID number and a copy of the 501c3 document (if applicable) available for upload
- Project Summary: including overview, timeframe, audience, and expected impact
- Budget Overview: including requested dollars, partners, and project sustainment
Additional information such as brochures, reports, and samples will not be accepted.
Apply for Funds
The Request for Funds for 2017 has closed. We are fortunate to annually fund numerous programs within our local communities. If you are interested in applying for funding for 2018, please check back on January 1, 2018 to apply online.